About a month and a half ago, I was just leaving my parents place with the cobalt when it threw a code, went into reduced power mode, and wouldn’t restart. I had to wait about 5 minutes before it would start back up, so, I ended up driving it back up to my parents place and letting it sit. I checked the oil level and it had apparently burned about 2.5 quarts of oil since the water incident, so I decided it was definitely time to rebuild it. Since then, I’ve dropped the engine cradle out of the car, seperated the engine and transmission, and bolted the cradle back up so the car could be pushed into storage.

The engine itself is ready to have the cams removed and the internals separated, but I’m waiting on a valve spring tool to arrive so I can do this the ‘right way’. I’ll try to get some pictures posted up in the near future.